There are a few dog parks here in Delaware, including one within walking distance. We certainly encourage you to get outside visit one near you.
Obviously there are some things to consider, such as weather, if its off leash(most are), and most importantly how does your dog behave with other dogs, as well as people. If your dog is a jumpy and happy dog, that does not get along with other dogs, then you may want to avoid this.
So what makes a good dog park anyway?
- Does it have material for cleaning up after your dog?
- Does it have drinking water and shade?
- Enough Space for over crowding?
- Is there a two gate system for getting in and out of the area?
- Is there Natural and Visual appealing areas?
The Association of pet dog owners have posted some do’s and don’ts that you should keep in mind when visiting your local dog park. Here are a few right here.
- Don’t bring a dog under 4 months.
- Don’t talk on a cell phone, you should be supervising that dog at all times.
- Don’t worry if some dogs don’t play.
- Do, and always clean up after your dog.
- Do keep an eye on other dogs on the park, to be sure if there are health or behavior problems.
YouHaveThatPets.com is dedicated to helping you care for your pets with all-natural products. We carry Flea and Tick Products to assist you , as well as, all natural treats, shampoos, skin care products, dental care and much more for both cats and dogs.
Our inventory will very shortly be expanding to products stretching beyond all-natural – including toys, rawhides, and even products for small animals, birds, reptiles and fish.
Take care of your dog by showing your pet love and affection. Take your dog for a long walk, play with your cats, let your hamster run around, or even give them a treat or a new toy which they don’t normally receive. If you do not have a pet, then take a day day to recognize those pets who are living in shelters across the United States.